Focus of Technical Assistance and Coaching
♦ Integrated Career Pathway Systems
♦ Leadership Development
♦ Culture and Systems Change
♦ Employer Engagement
♦ Comprehensive Career Services
♦ DOL Evaluation: College Preparation
NCWE served as a Technical Assistance Partner providing services to support the USDOL TAACCCT – Gulf Coast IT Pathways (Consortium Grant). NCWE supported Consortium efforts in: building integrated career pathways and leadership support and capacity at each of the nine colleges; designing comprehensive career services; and reaching their employment placement goals.
- Engaged career and technical education deans and faculty toward successful implementation of integrated skills training within content areas including integration strategies and practices.
- Supported the Consortium in developing the leadership capacity at the colleges to maximize long term effectiveness and statewide scale-up and adoption.
- Assessed the current activities at each of the nine colleges regarding career services.
- Designed and delivered training for Campus Leads, Consortium Leadership Team and career services personnel to include: employer engagement strategies; career center and employer engagement; effective strategies for preparing students for jobs and supporting placement; developing internships or other work-based learning opportunities.
- Developed a manual for the Consortium to support efforts in better engaging employers and placing students in jobs.
Download the Report: Helping Students Achieve Employment:
Engaging Employers and Career Services
NCWE Technical Assistance Team
Darlene G. Miller, Ed.D.