Focus of Technical Assistance and Coaching
♦ Integrated Career Pathway Systems
♦ Prior Learning Assessment
Clark State Community College (CSCC) received a Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) grant. The grant is focused on developing integrated career pathways and stackable certificates in Advanced Manufacturing.
The NCWE technical assistance team will conduct the following trainings to assist Clark in meeting their grant goals:
- Introduction to the I-BEST model, including six strategies for effective team teaching
- Analyzing the differences between contextualization and integration
- How to identify the courses which can best incorporate developmental concepts
- Assessing the current status of PLA processes and practices at the college
- Creating new and consistent PLA policies, processes, advising strategies, and marketing materials
- Determining how the college is utilizing CLEP, AP, DSST, IB and portfolio in awarding PLA
- How to use ACE Guidelines and develop crosswalks between military credit and college courses
- Developing crosswalks between professional and/or industry-based certifications and college courses
- Examining the role of challenge exams in PLA and how the faculty can utilize learning outcomes and assessment practices to develop them
NCWE Technical Assistance Team
Darlene G. Miller, Ed.D.
Nan Poppe, Ed.D.
Rebecca Nickoli, Ed.D.