The National Council for Workforce Education is committed to promoting excellence and growth in workforce education. As an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), NCWE provides a national forum for administrators and faculty in workforce education and basic skills, as well as representatives of business, labor, military, and government, to affect and direct the future role of two-year and other post-secondary institutions in workforce education and economic development. NCWE provides the link between policy and workforce education and economic development by providing support, research, and critical information to members on current and future trends and policies.
By placing a strong emphasis on student success in exemplary programs, NCWE serves as the national leader providing resources and expertise to community colleges to enhance their efforts in preparing the current and future workforce in a global economy.
Through a national forum for administrators and faculty in workforce education and basic skills, NCWE promotes student success and excellence in education and training by providing the link between policy and practice.
OurÂ Strategic Goals
As an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges, NCWE meets its mission through five goals.
- Provide a national forum for faculty, staff and administrators in workforce education to network and share promising practices.
- Support NCWE member community colleges in their efforts to expand workforce education in their communities through programs and services of highest quality.
- Engage in synergistic partnerships with organizations, business, labor, government and the military for collaborative projects across all areas of workforce education.
- Serve as an advocate and a resource for legislation and policy that enhances and supports student success in workforce education including adult and basic skills education.
- Provide leadership through national and regional research studies, projects, the NCWE Annual Conference, and the NCWE website www.ncwe.org.
â™¦ NCWE Awards
â™¦ Meet the Executive Committee and At-Large Board Members
â™¦ Meet Our Executive Director
â™¦ NCWE Past Presidents
â™¦ NCWE Members By State